How to get rid of age spots on arms and keep the beauty of your hands
Time is ruthless. Looking in the mirror you notice that the skin is not full of life by now. But every lady wants to keep bright and chic look for many years. How to let the skin of your hands shine in spite of your age? Read the following article.
Brown spots on the arms can occur in any age. This is a fairly common problem that causes many women a lot of trouble. After all, spots on hands can't be hidden under clothing or covered with makeup. Hands always show the true age of a person.
What causes arms pigmentation?
The back side of hands is more affected by prolonged exposure of sunlight than other parts of the body (except face, of course). Therefore, zones of pigmentation start to appear with age.
These age spots appear in the middle age. During a long tan they darken together with the surrounding skin. But when the skin turns pale, dark spots are still painted with the same color. This happen because the sun damages cells that produce melanin, located deep in the dermis. If no action is taken, the pigmentation will increase, as our cells lose the ability to stop the production of pigment. So, women on the wrong side of thirty face the problem of how to get rid of age spots on arms.
The main reason of staining after 40-50 years is the response of skin to ultraviolet light. This is especially true of those who abused sunbathing in the young age. Pigmentation does not occur immediately after the burn, but may occur through decades. That is why they are called age spots.
9 additional reasons that may lead to arms pigmentation
- Problems with the thyroid gland
- Various liver diseases
- Disturbance of the body's hormonal balance
- Long-term use of hormonal contraceptives
- Chronic diseases of the genitourinary system
- Biliary tract dysfunction
- Due to the use of irrigational ointments and creams
- Low immunity
- Excessive tanning, including solarium
How to get rid of age spots - choose your way
Modern cosmetology offers a lot of methods and procedures. If the spots are young and there are a few of them, recipes of traditional medicine will surely help. Grapefruit and lemon have a bleaching effect, as well as parsley leaves and cucumber juice. Lemon juice should be diluted by half with water (1:1) and wiped into arms several times a day. Pour 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley with a glass of boiled water for 2-3 hours and do 10-minute bath for the hands. Age spots can be also removed with the help of dairy products. A gruel of cottage cheese, sour cream and egg also has a bleaching property.
- If you've got a lot of old spots, beauty salons are happy to offer programs to whiten your skin. Procedures of laser resurfacing, phototherapy, dermabrasion, which are held on special equipment, are at your service. Salon procedures are still the most effective. But if spots are the result of some diseases, then these procedures will have a temporary result.
- If the problem is caused by sun exposure, cosmetology can help. Have a habit of using hand cream with bleach additives. Going out into the street, do not forget to put on the skin sunscreen with the index of no less than 20-30. Being on vacation, try to stay in the shadow. You won't get a golden tan, but you won't worry about the possibility of new spots appearance.
You need to follow certain rules getting rid of age spots on arms, because they may come back again. Therefore, sunscreen should be your constant companion throughout the year.
You can read more about how to get rid of age spots
Newer news items:
Older news items: